​​​If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us at (949) 232-0355 or by email info@boutaleblaw.com

The general categories of aliens that may apply for an EAD include (but are not limited to):

  1. F-1 student seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) in an occupation directly related to his/her studies. After having been enrolled full-time in an approved school for at least nine months, alien students are eligible to apply for an EAD.
  2. F-1 students offered off-campus employment under the sponsorship of a qualifying international organization.
  3. F-1 student seeking off-campus employment due to severe economic hardship. Alien applicants must submit any evidence, such as affidavits, which detail the unforeseen economic circumstances that caused the request, as well as evidence that the applicants have tried to find off-campus employment with an employer who has filed a labor and wage attestation.
  4. J-2 spouse or minor child of an exchange visitor. Applicants must submit a written statement, with supporting evidence, showing that the employment is not necessary to support the J-1, but is for another purpose. For more information about J-1 issues, please click here.
  5. Adjustment Applicants. After or at the time an alien files for adjustment of status (I-485), the alien applicants may file an EAD application.  For more information about Adjustment of Status, please click here.
  6. M-1 students seeking practical training after completing their studies.
  7. K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiancé/Fiancée of a US Citizen or a K-2 Dependent. Applicants can file an EAD application within 90 days from the date of entry.
  8. Family Unity Program beneficiaries. If aliens have been granted status under this program, they may file an EAD application with a copy of the approval letter. For more information about Family Sponsored Immigration, please click here.
  9. L-2 visa holders
  10. Asylees (Aliens who have been granted asylum)
  11. Asylum applicants (with a pending asylum application) who filed for asylum on or after January 4, 1995. If the applicant filed a Request for Asylum and for Withholding of Deportation on or after January 4, 1995, he/she must wait at least 150 days before he/she is eligible to apply for an EAD.
  12. Refugees
  13. Those Paroled as a Refugee

Who is Eligible toApply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)? 

Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is a document issued by the USCIS to authorize an alien to work in the US for a period of time, usually one year. It is also called a work permit.

We provide fast and professional services to eligible applicants to apply for the EAD. Our experienced attorney(s) will first evaluate your situation. If you are qualified for the application, we will be glad to take your case. 

After you retain us, our experienced attorney(s) will review and organize all the necessary application materials; complete the application form(s) required; submit the application on your behalf to the proper USCIS office; and contact the USCIS for the status of your pending application. As soon as the USCIS makes a final decision on your case, we will inform you of the result accordingly. 

Work Permit